Daisy Painting

This is an acrylic painting I made in February 2016. One of my friends requested that I make her something artsy with daisies in it. I added in some other wildflowers to contribute pops of color.

Processed with VSCOcam with a4 preset
Processed with VSCOcam with a4 preset

I started by using masking tape to ensure clean edges on a 8X6” piece of card stock. I then made a very light blue for the sky and filled in the upper half of the background, making sure that it looked streaky to give the effect of wispy clouds. I, accidentally, painted in the dark grass which made my life much harder when trying to paint the flowers in. I then had to paint a white layer in the shape of the flowers just so that they could be seen.

I decided to take a layout photo, so I left my supplies around the painting for the picture.

Advertisements